When choosing a new credit card, you may consider the rewards you get as part of the incentive to get (and use) the card. But there are often rewards that go beyond points toward travel or cash back. And if your card is part of the Visa Signature family, it likely carries several benefits beyond the rewards that could save you money in the long run.
We’ll go over some of those great perks now, but it’s still a good idea to find that agreement and read over it so you know all the finer details, as they may vary based on your individual Visa Signature card. (Want a Visa Signature card but not sure if you’re eligible? Take a look at your free credit report snapshot to get a better understanding.)
Visa Signature cardholders can call for roadside dispatch if they have car troubles. The flat rate for this perk is $59.99 ($69.99 starting on October 1, 2017). Services tied to this include:
- Towing: Up to five miles included. Additional costs if you need further towing.
- Tire Changing: You must have a good, inflated spare tire.
- Lockout Service: This doesn’t include key replacement.
- Fuel Delivery: This covers the delivery of up to five gallons of gasoline, but does not cover the cost of the fuel.
- Winching: Your car must be within 100 feet of paved or county-maintained road.
- Jump Starting
Lost Luggage Reimbursement
If you lose your luggage while traveling and you paid for your travel expenses with a Visa Signature card, this feature may come in handy. The benefit limits are up to $2,000 per bag and up to $3,000 total. This policy serves as secondary coverage. This means that if your loss is covered by insurance, Visa will only cover the amount that is not paid by your primary insurance company.
Travel & Emergency Assistance Services
If you are working or traveling anywhere in the world, and the need for assistance arises, your Visa Signature card will have you covered. This service includes emergency translation services, lost luggage locator, emergency ticket replacement, legal referral assistance, prescription assistance and valuable document delivery, emergency message service, emergency transportation service, medical referral assistance, and pre-trip assistance.
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
If you put a rental car on your Visa Signature card, you’ll have additional collision and theft coverage. This will act as secondary coverage, which means it will only pay out after your primary insurance has processed and paid on any claim you have to make. One helpful feature is that this will cover the deductible you pay to your primary insurer. It’s important to note that in order for this benefit to be activated, you will need to decline coverage from the car rental company’s collision damage waiver.
Emergency Card Replacement & Emergency Cash Disbursement
If your card is lost or stolen, Visa will have a replacement card sent to you in 24 to 72 hours, no matter where you’re located in the world, which can be a great perk if you’re traveling. Visa will also help you receive an emergency cash advance to help cover any expenses you might have while you are waiting for your new card to arrive.
Warranty Manager Service
Using your Visa Signature card can extend the warranty on most of your purchases. However, to use this benefit you are required to register each purchase you make so that if something happens to the item, the information will be on file when you submit a claim. If the manufacturer’s warranty is for less than one year, this benefit will double the warranty. For a manufacturer’s warranty of one to three years, an additional year will be added on.
Visa Signature Concierge & Visa Signature Deals + Offers
As a Visa Signature cardholder, you will receive 24/7 assistance. This service can be used to help you do things like make travel plans or book a dinner reservation. In addition, it will give you special deals on travel, shopping, sports, and entertainment.
If you travel frequently and stay at high-end hotels and resorts, you will enjoy access to the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection, which provides discounts like a percentage off your room rate or a free night. In addition, you can receive complimentary room upgrades, food and beverage credits, complimentary in-room Wi-Fi, late checkout, and more.
Note: It’s important to remember that interest rates, fees and terms for credit cards, loans and other financial products frequently change. As a result, rates, fees and terms for credit cards, loans and other financial products cited in these articles may have changed since the date of publication. Please be sure to verify current rates, fees and terms with credit card issuers, banks or other financial institutions directly.
Citi Rewards+℠ Card
- The Citi Rewards+℠ Card - the only credit card that automatically rounds up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase - with no cap.
- Earn 15,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening; redeemable for $150 in gift cards at thankyou.com
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months. After that, the variable APR will be 13.49% - 23.49%, based on your creditworthiness. Balance transfer fee — either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Earn 2X ThankYou® Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations for the first $6,000 per year and then 1X Points thereafter. Plus, earn 1X Points on All Other Purchases.
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 13.49% - 23.49%, based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.
Card Details +