There’s a huge variety of Visa credit cards to choose from this year, each ideal for different reasons. The best card for you depends on your particular situation. What are you going to do with the card? What kind of credit do you have? What do you want to get out of the card?
We’re going to break down the best Visa credit cards of 2019 into different categories. Let’s get started.
Best Card for Travel: The Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Card Details +
If you travel a lot, having a card with travel rewards can come in handy. The Chase Sapphire Preferred card is the best credit card for getting the most out of your travel. This card has tons of perks that are great for those who take frequent trips for business or leisure. Some of the highlights include:
- Two points for every dollar spent on travel and dining.
- 60,000 bonus rewards points if you spend $4000 in the first three months.
- Trip cancellation.
- Delay and interruption insurance.
- Baggage delay/loss insurance.
- Low $95 annual fee after the first year.
This card is great for gathering points for future flights and protecting you while you fly. If your goal is to travel more, the Chase Sapphire Preferred card is your best bet.
Best Card for Building Credit: The Credit One Bank Platinum Card
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® with Cash Back Rewards
- Seeing if you Pre-Qualify is fast, easy, and secure
- Get 1% cash back rewards on eligible purchase, terms apply
- Rewards post automatically to your account each month
- Looking for more credit? Get credit line increase opportunities, a fee may apply
- With $0 Fraud Liability, you won’t be responsible for unauthorized charges
- Pick a card that fits your style. Multiple card designs are available, a fee may apply
- Enjoy exclusive offers available to Credit One Bank card members through Visa® Discounts.
- Your card includes travel accident and auto rental collision insurance from Visa®
Card Details +
Let’s face it, not all of us are able to qualify for credit cards with fancy reward programs and low interest rates. That doesn’t mean that you can’t get a great credit card to build your credit back up. The Credit One Bank Platinum card is going to be the best option out there. It offers 20.24% - 26.24% Variable APR–which is great for this type of card–and still offers rewards. Many credit cards for low-credit members do not.
Credit One Bank Platinum members enjoy a low $75 annual fee for the first year, which goes up to $95 after that. They also get 1% cash back on all eligible purchases. One of the coolest features of this card is that you get sent a free copy of your Experian credit report each month. You’ll be able to see your progress on your credit score, made by making purchases and paying them off on time.
Are you look for more tips on building and improving your credit? Check out this article.
Best Card for Business: Chase Ink Business Preferred
If you are a business owner, or do a lot of business with a personal credit card, you need a quality Visa card to get the most out of your purchases. The best Visa credit card for business this year is the Chase Ink Business Preferred card, for small and big businesses alike.
Here are some of the key perks with this card:
- Earn 80,000 bonus points when you spend $5000 in your first three months.
- Three points per dollar spent on qualifying business purchases.
- One point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Points are worth 25% more when you book through Chase.
- APR as low as 18.24%.
Best Card for Rewards: Chase Freedom Card
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
- Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it's automatic
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
- No annual fee
Card Details +
If all you want out of your credit cards is rewards and cash back, you’ll probably love the Chase Freedom card. It’s relatively easy to qualify for and offers some of the best rewards programs in the industry. Here are some of the top perks of the Chase Freedom:
- $150 cash back after you spend $500 in the first three months.
- Quarterly categories that offer up to 5% cash back.
- No annual fee.
- 0% for 15 months on purchases.
- 17.24% - 25.99% Variable APR.
This card is an all-around winner for the average credit card holder who’s looking to score some extra cash on their purchases.
Best Card for Military Families: USAA Visa Platinum Card
USAA® Rate Advantage Visa Platinum® Card
- Enjoy USAA's lowest rate card
- No annual fee, no foreign transaction fees, no penalty APR
- USAA membership is available to active and former military and their eligible family members
Card Details +
If you or your spouse is an Active Duty military member, veteran or guard/reserve member, there are special credit cards out there specifically for you. While they all offer great rewards and benefits, the USAA Visa Platinum card stands above the rest.
Not only does it have great perks, but USAA is one of the most revered and admired banks when it comes to customer service and loyalty. Here are some benefits you can expect from the USAA Platinum card:
- Zero percent APR for the first six months.
- An astoundingly low APR of 9.15% - 26.15% Variable after the initial period.
- No annual fee.
- 2500 bonus points with your first purchase.
- One point per dollar spent on all purchases.
It’s important to note that you must be a USAA member to qualify. To become one, you have to be active duty, retired, a veteran or a spouse of someone who is. They offer great savings and checking accounts, as well as insurance plans.
A Visa for Everyone
No matter your situation, needs or wants, there’s a credit card out there that’s right for you. You just have to find it. Now that you know all the best Visa credit cards 2019 has to offer, you’re ready to make a decision and get yourself on the road to saving and earning!
Credit cards can be a useful tool, as long as you know how to use them. Click here to find out what to do once you get your new credit card.
Editorial disclosure: Reviews are as determined solely by Credit.com staff. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the reviewers and aren’t reviewed or approved by any advertiser. Information presented is accurate as of the date of the review, including information on card rates, rewards and fees. Check the issuer’s website for the most current information on each card listed.