Credit Repair Services
If you're one of the 68 million score-able Americans with a bad or poor credit
score—lower than 601—you've probably wondered if removing negative items
can help your standing.
You don't need a credit card and
it won't impact your credit score
What Is Credit Repair?
Get your free credit score
How Does Credit Repair Work?
What You Get with Credit Repair Services
Repair Your Credit History
Monitor Your Credit Profile
Build Your Financial Future
What Do Credit Repair Companies Do?
Top Credit Repair Companies
Credit repair is the process of removing questionable negative items from your credit report. According to rankings from across the internet, these are the top picks.*
#1 Lexington Law
- More than 500,000 clients helped
- More than 10,000,000 negative items removed in 2017
- Fraud alert and identity theft protection included
- Best value at $49.95 per month
- More than 1.5 million negative items removed in 2017
- ID theft protection available
#3 Credit Saint
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- Free consultation with a credit report
- A+ Better Business Bureau accredited
#4 The Credit People
- Only $19 to get started
- More than 200,000 satisfied clients
- 6-month satisfaction guarantee
#5 SkyBlue Credit
- $79 a month—all-inclusive, no upgrades needed
- Pause membership with the click of a button
- 90-day unconditional free money-back guarantee
#6 The Credit Pros
- $119 month, unlimited disputes and free credit monitoring
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau
*Ranking information is based on a compilation of reviews from the following third-party review sites: Bestcompany.com, Credible.com, BadCredit.org, and TheCreditReview.com. Credit.com has examined each review on the third-party sites listed and compared those sites' findings with the individual credit repair services' websites to derive the Credit.com reviews shown here.
How Long Does Credit Repair Take?
Trusted Leaders in Credit Repair
How Much Do Credit Repair Companies Charge?
When Should I DIY Credit Repair?
Are There Legitimate Credit Repair Companies?
- It knows your rights and wants you to understand them too. Before you sign any contract, a reputable credit repair company will explain your consumer credit rights to you and answer any questions you have about those rights.
- It wants to know your story. It’s important for a credit repair company to understand why you want to dispute an item on your report so it can make sure the three standards Padawer mentioned—accuracy, fairness and full substantiation—are upheld by data furnishers and the credit bureaus.
- It explains, in detail, what it can do to represent you to the credit bureaus. Any good credit repair company knows what it can and can’t do for you and should be able to outline its services, so you fully understand what you’re getting.
How to Improve Your Score beyond Credit Repair
Key Points to Remember About Credit Repair
- It can be difficult to navigate the complex world of the credit industry yourself, especially when it comes to disputing negative information on your credit file.
- Don’t expect results overnight. Credit repair takes time and requires regular credit monitoring and a change in how you approach your personal finances.
- It's never a bad idea to consult with a credit expert if you're unsure of a law or any methodology regarding credit repair and credit services.
- Dealing with debt also goes hand-in-hand with taking a closer look at your spending habits and finding ways you can fall back and save.
- The credit repair process is lengthy and requires patience, especially if you have a sizable credit history.
- If you do enlist the services of a reputable credit repair company, such as Lexington Law, you can cancel the service at anytime.
- Educate yourself on your rights as a consumer, including on what the Federal Trade Commission and Credit Repair Organization Act are.