Capital One has introduced Spark, a new sub-brand of small business cards. These cards replace the popular “No Hassle” and “Venture” business card brands.
There are six new cards:
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business
- Capital One Spark Cash for Business
- Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business
- Capital One Spark Cash Select for Business
- Capital One Spark Classic for Business
- Capital One Spark Select for Business
[Resource: Get your free personalized Credit Report Card]
I’ve reviewed two of the cards for Credit.com, and so far, I like what I see. Click on the card’s name and you’ll be taken to my neurotically thorough analysis.
The Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business offers small business owners a flexible travel rewards program. You earn 1 mile for every $1 spent. On your membership anniversary each year, you’ll earn a bonus that equals 50 percent of the rewards you earned in the prior year. So you effectively get 1.5 miles for every $1 spent. No annual fee, either, so that’s not bad.
The Capital One Spark Cash Select for Business has a generous and easy-to-redeem cash back rewards program as well as excellent management tools. You earn 1 percent cash back on all purchases, plus a 50 percent annual bonus, which, again, effectively gives you 1.5 percent for every $1 spent. This card doesn’t have an annual fee, either.
I’m working my way through the rest of the cards, so check back soon for more reviews.
Note: I always warn consumers about business cards because they aren’t covered by the Credit CARD Act of 2009. But Capital One has adopted the CARD Act provisions for its business cards. This is voluntary and not legally required, so be aware that this could change without warning. But in the meantime, kudos to Capital One for taking the initiative to do this!
[Related article: 7 Things Your Credit Card Company Hopes You Never Find Out]
At publishing time, the Capital One Spark Miles Select for Business and Capital One Spark Cash Select for Business cards are offered on Credit.com product pages and Credit.com is compensated if our users apply for and ultimately sign up for these cards. However, this relationship does not result in any preferential editorial treatment.
Citi Rewards+℠ Card
- The Citi Rewards+℠ Card - the only credit card that automatically rounds up to the nearest 10 points on every purchase - with no cap.
- Earn 15,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases with your card within 3 months of account opening; redeemable for $150 in gift cards at thankyou.com
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months. After that, the variable APR will be 13.49% - 23.49%, based on your creditworthiness. Balance transfer fee — either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Earn 2X ThankYou® Points at Supermarkets and Gas Stations for the first $6,000 per year and then 1X Points thereafter. Plus, earn 1X Points on All Other Purchases.
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 13.49% - 23.49%, based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.
Card Details +